Overview of Guangxi Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision
Guangxi Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision (referred to as “GXQTS”) is directly subordinate to the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, with overall responsibility for the quality and technical supervision across Guangxi.
I. Main Responsibilities
1. Undertaking quality and technical supervision: Implementing national and provincial guidelines, policies, laws and regulations concerning quality and technical supervision; formulating and implementing quality and technical supervision development plans and relevant policies; drafting relevant local laws, regulations and rules.
2. Conducting macroscopic quality management: Implementing the national and provincial policies and measures for quality development, establishing and launching quality reward system, quality supervision system of major engineering equipment and recall system of defective products; promoting the construction of product quality credit system; investigating severe product quality accidents; undertaking supervision and management of product quality, product quality statistical analysis and product anti-counterfeiting.
3. Fulfilling routine tasks of the Leading Group of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region for Implementing the Strategy of “Invigorating Guangxi with Top Quality”; analyzing the quality work dynamics; making progress in implementing the Strategy of “Invigorating Guangxi with Top Quality” and the Brand Development Strategy; carrying out quality work performance evaluation of the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
4. Undertaking product quality supervision: Taking charge of mandatory product quality inspection, risk monitoring, supervision and spot check; carrying out manufacturing license management of industrial products as well as quality supervision and inspection of fiber; supervising and managing product quality arbitration, testing and appraisal; organizing and coordinating provincial-level special rectification of product quality; undertaking qualification management of motor vehicle safety technical inspection institutions; supervising and managing the licensing of the production of food packaging materials, containers, food production and operation tools and other food-related products.
5. Imposing investigation and punishment of illegal acts relating to product quality pursuant to law; cracking down upon illegal activities involving manufacturing and sales of counterfeit and shoddy products; organizing and coordinating special anti-counterfeiting operations of related products under the authorization of the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
6. Conducting management of standardization: promoting the development strategy of technical standards; supervising the implementation and enforcement of standards; implementing international standards and advanced foreign standards; offering advice for governments, public institutions and enterprises on standardization; conducting international (regional) technical standard research, cooperation and exchange under the guidance of superior departments; supervising and managing organization codes and commodity bar codes; checking and verifying unified social credit identifier; establishing unified social credit identifier database; launching warning and notification of WTO/TBT technical regulations.
7. Supervising and managing metrology work: Implementing national legal metrology units and national metrology systems; supervising and managing metrology instruments, quantity value transfer and traceability and technical service institutions and qualification of metrology and testing personnel pursuant to law; providing product quality inspection institutions for notarized data; launching metrology comparison; standardizing and supervising commodity metrology pursuant to law.8. Planning and integrating the work of inspection and testing institutions, and managing certification and accreditation for unity: Carrying out qualification accreditation, supervision and management of inspection and testing institutions pursuant to law; supervising and managing certification authorities, system certifications and product certifications pursuant to law.
8. Planning and integrating the work of inspection and testing institutions, and managing certification and accreditation for unity: Carrying out qualification accreditation, supervision and management of inspection and testing institutions pursuant to law; supervising and managing certification authorities, system certifications and product certifications pursuant to law.
9. Undertaking safety surveillance and supervision of special equipment, supervising and managing energy saving of high-energy-consuming special equipment; participating in or launching investigation for special equipment accidents.
10. Conducting exchange and cooperation with ASEAN in terms of technical standards, certification, accreditation, product quality inspection and testing, metrology inspection and testing as well as special equipment inspection and testing.
11. Developing scientific and technological development planning for quality and technical supervision, taking charge of the construction and development of scientific and technological institutions for quality technology, institutions for major scientific research, institutions for technology introduction and other technical institutions; launching and coordinating sectoral and professional quality and technical supervision across Guangxi; providing guidance on the protection of geographical indication products for local authorities in Guangxi.
12. Playing guiding role in the specific practices of quality and technical supervision across Guangxi.
13. Carrying out other matters assigned by the People’s Government of Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.
Address: No. 26, Xinghu Road, Nanning, Guangxi
Official Website of Guangxi Bureau of Quality and Technical Supervision: